Monday, February 08, 2010

Lots to Learn in Programming User Interfaces

It takes a long time to get good at programming. I still don't feel like my "toolbox" is working very well from the front-end to the back-end. I am stronger on the database side and now I have to bridge the gap up to the UI. The UI technologies are crazy in my opinion. Silverlight and .NET RIA Services are compelling. I like how they're working with data binding. .NET 2010 seems to have some cool data binding "drag and drop" functionality (see http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/kmcgrath/Silverlight-Object-Binding-in-Visual-Studio-2010-Beta-2/). ASP.NET MVC is different. I'm more familiar with HTML as my UI and JQuery is a very nice extension for that… Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) is another that I'd like to use here to figure out how to handle the different activities in the workflow I'm currently designing. Another cool / promising technology is .NET Entity Framework. Looks cool and now there's going to be SQL Server Modeling Services and a language called "M". So much to learn!!

No comments: