Monday, January 11, 2010

My Business Areas of Focus for 2010



I'm going to focus on four main (business related) things in 2010:

1.  Network
I'll network because I have to meet new people and develop a support system of people who know me and what I am doing as well as what my needs are. I am going to do this during the days.

2.  Engineer and Build products in my free time and work with people online
I'll engineer and build new products in my free time because I have to. I want to develop my skills and I want to create new products and services. I want to stay current on the new technologies and be a builder. I want to run the risk / opportunity of making something that is cool, will grow, and is a business. I want to get traffic and make a buck. I won't do much in my free time that is not for business (besides the necessary R&D required to accomplish business objectives).

3.  Make personal income
I'll make personal income and keep a day job. I am going to work for someone. Networking and doing well at my day job will help me accomplish this. My side projects will hopefully help me be good at what I do during the day. Whether I am a 1099 contractor, a W2 employee, a consultant, contractor, or employee, I am going to do well.

4.  Volunteer
I'll volunteer and work on some things for free. Not out of the "kindness of my heart" but out of the desire to learn and connect with people. If I offer things for free, I will learn, I will feel good and I will develop a more flourishing network.

In addition to this stuff, I'll exercise, hang with friends, watch my budget, have fun, read, be outdoors, travel some, relax, spend time with family, and enjoy myself.

That's the plan! Let's get it on.

No comments: