Friday, January 22, 2010

Facebook IM Scam. Beware. I sure hope this wasn’t Madhu!

4:31pmMadhu






hi?





4:33pmMadhu





u there?





?





?





4:36pmEric





Hi Madhu.





I am.





4:36pmMadhu





am not good Eric.





4:36pmEric





am not good?





what?





4:37pmMadhu





i'm stuck here in london and i need help with flying back home.





4:37pmEric





Okay. Tell me more. How can I help you?





in what way are you stuck?





4:38pmMadhu





i had to visit a resort in london on vacation and i was robbed at the park close to the hotel where i lodged





4:38pmEric





Okay.





I'm sorry to hear that.





Do you have anything? ID, etc.?





Are you safe now?





4:39pmMadhu





i was mugged at a gun point and all cash on me got stolen including my credit cards and phone.





4:39pmEric





Okay.





Do you have any documentation?





4:40pmMadhu





the good thing is i still have my passport with me.





4:40pmEric





(as in ID, passport, etc.?) have you visited the US Embassy or anything like that? Are you a US citizen?





That is a good thing!! :)





Have you been able to call your credit card companies to cancel them?





4:40pmMadhu





all i need now is help in getting a return flight ticket back home from you.





4:41pmEric





I see.





And when could I expect repayment? :)





4:41pmMadhu





I need $500USD for my return ticket fees.





i will pay you back as soon as am back home.





4:42pmEric





Remind me how we know each other. :)





Madhu?





4:43pmMadhu





if i wasnt the one i wont ask you to wire to my name as we both know i will need some kinda of identification before i get the cash at the bank.





4:43pmEric





Please tell me how you know me specifically.





4:44pmMadhu





we are from the same city.





4:44pmEric





Yes, please tell me more, specifically about you know me. Who am I?





What is the nature of our relationship?





4:45pmMadhu





Look Eric,this is not the time for Question.





i need to leave,if you are not helping me





4:45pmEric





Madhu, what is your profession?





4:47pmMadhu





i need to leave now.





bye





4:47pmEric





Tell me anything about how we know each other and your profession or mine and I'll talk.





4:48pmMadhu





if i wasnt the one i wont ask you to wire to my name as we both know i will need some kinda of identification before i get the cash at the bank.





bye





you are my formal friend





4:49pmEric





I know you are not Madhu and this is a scam and "formal friend" is not a good enough answer. You should be ashamed that you are trying to rip people off. You should go look for a job instead.

No comments: