Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Simon Sinek and the Golden Circle


I just watched this TED talk from Simon Sinek about how he believes that it is our duty to act from what we believe before we engage people on what we do and how we do it (our beliefs and why we do what we do is central to everything, including success).

I figured I'd write up what I believe (as it relates to my work) for the sake of the exercise:

  • Technology is good for people.  I believe that individuals can benefit from using the latest technologies.
  • Technology is good for organizations.  I believe that organizations can benefit from using (at scale and in total) the latest technologies as a key part of their operations.
  • Technology adoption is imperative and urgent for organizations.  I believe that organizations need to keep up with the expectations that customers have so they can stay in business and grow.
  • Value among 'your and their' technologies.  I believe that organizations' technology must keep up with and interface with consumers' technology.
  • Enough change is possible.  I believe that organizations can change fast enough to keep up with the bulk of their customers' expectations. 

What are your career and life beliefs?

No comments: