Thursday, September 09, 2010

Be independent and have positive cash flow

A recruiter the other day asked me what my ideal job was. Not sure what answer I gave them but now that I think about it, what I want to say when anyone asks me that question in the future is two things: A) Be independent and B) have positive cash flow.

Being independent is important to me. It means I am in charge of my own destiny.

Having positive cash flow is also very important to me. It means I am able to survive and that I am not spending more cash than I am making.

I really don't want to have a bunch of ups and downs in life.

10 years ago I was independent and had a positive cash flow. Then I graduated from college.

8 years ago I was not independent and had a positive cash flow. Then I bought a condo, a truck, and went back to school.

5 years ago I was not independent and did not have a positive cash flow. Then I started making better money.

Today I am not FULLY independent (am employed by another company but am working on what I want to be working on and having fun) and have positive cash flow.

My next step is to become independent again and keep my positive cash flow. I hope I can make that happen soon!!!!

No comments: