Saturday, June 23, 2012

Starting a new, fun project

I'm going to be building a new web and mobile app using Microsoft technologies as the core.  I'm excited about it.  My architecture is as follows:

  • ASP.NET MVC 4.0
  • Web API middle-tier
  • knockout.js
  • SQL Server
  • LINQ to SQL
I think this is the right architecture for me.  I'm excited.  


I'm also excited about the coming of Windows 8 and related apps.  I think that I'm in a good place skills-wise to really contribute as Windows 8 shows power in the market.


Now that Silverlight is further out of the picture and MVC seems so.  Here's an article on the changes coming from a developer perspective given the coming of Windows 8 and the going of Windows Phone 7.


I'm going to update my blog as I learn new things on this development project.


Another thought I'm having is that I'm going to build my web API with a tendency toward building the model on the server site, incrementally, rather than trying to post a big blob once my user's done creating something.  This might be bad architecture but I don't know another way.

No comments: