Sunday, October 31, 2010

The cost of not having the right consultants is the highest cost of all

Bringing a new resource into a project is expense but sometimes necessary. You might be stuck, you might think your solution will not be good unless you get the proper advice.

The value of a good consultant is very high.

My consulting skill is in Microsoft technologies and enterprise workflow. I can design complex, end-to-end systems that make big differences to businesses. But I, too, need my own consultants. I am not a one-man-band. I need help. I get stuck. I don't know certain things and need experts.

Building your team of experts and consultants is critical. The more challenging your work and scope, the more you'll need good consultants. You might want to hire these people, but you definitely need them. And they're going to be expensive. The good ones will win you REAL BUSINESS VALUE NOW and their cost is worth it in spades.

No comments: